Agriculture Risk Management Representatives are in charge of creating and increasing a unique loan/insurance portfolio, which includes term, mortgage, and operating loans. Their main customers are usually closely tied with part-time farms, hobby farms, niche agricultural farms, recreational properties, and traditional farms.
What responsibilities will I have?
- Market credit and financial services and establishing new market relationships in the consumer, farm, ranch and residential markets
- Provide documentation support for all monitoring/compliance functions with regard to existing credits within portfolios
- Ensure the certification of completions, conditions and draw-down paperwork is met
- Generate reports that monitor credit and administrative documentation
- Generate reports for debt management, annual reviews and valuations
- Prepare documentation for lending submissions
- Ensure compliance within lending policies
- May assist in other administration tasks as required such as accounting functions
- Assist in the development of lending structures
- Perform sales of insurance products to customers and non-customer prospects
- Develop proposals for one-on-one sales calls with customers or prospects, and provide assistance with insurance sales proposals for financial officers in preparation of prospect sales calls
- Coordinate insurance programs within assigned marketing areas
- Gather acreage reports and production histories for servicing of crop insurance policies
What education and training is required?
A bachelor’s degree in agricultural business, finance or business administration.
To pursue a career as an Ag Financial Service Representative:
The following high school courses are recommended: agricultural education, mathematics/economics/accounting.
Agricultural lending banks and agricultural insurance companies.
Future Job Market/Outlook:
The future outlook for Ag Financial Service Representatives is projected to be good.
Suggested Professional Organizations and Associations:
- State Agribusiness Associations
- American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers
- American Society of Agricultural Appraisers